A Motivation Matrix helps to identify and visualize the connection between the actors and the motivation of each individual actor.
1. Prepare an empty matrix by listing all stakeholders of a service or product in the first column and in the first row of the matrix
2. Ask all stakeholders to fill the cells of the matrix, where the same services meet, with how these services can contribute to the project, starting with the top left cell and moving towards the bottom right cell (following the path of the blue boxes on the frontpage)
3. Ask the actors to fill out the remaining squares with explanations on how the related services connect and interact with the other one
4. Use the matrix to reflect the roles of actors and their interrelationships
1. Morelli, N. and Tollestrup, C. (2006) 'New representations techniques for Desigining', Proceedings of the Engineering and Product Design Education Conference, (September), p. 6.
2. J??gou, F. and Joore, P. (2004) Food delivery solutions: Cases of solutions oriented partnership. Cranfield: Cranfield University. doi: 10.1017/CBO9781107415324.004.
The techniques below have the same characteristics.
The techniques below have different characteristics.