Speed Dating helps to create low-cost, fast comparisons of design opportunities before the development of expensive prototypes.
1. Use storyboards to prioritize user needs and determine the target environment to be simulated
2. Build a fictional environment and low-fidelity prototypes for a given task
3. Present a relevant scenario with a lead question to a small group of target users
4. Ask each target user to play a role and conduct the given task by using the prototypes within the fictional environment
5. Conduct follow-up interviews
1. Davidoff, S., Lee, M.K., Dey, A.K., Zimmerman, J., 2007. Rapidly Exploring Application Design Through Speed Dating, in: Proceedings of The International Conference on Ubiquitous Computing (UbiComp'07). pp. 429?C446. doi:10.1007/11853565_2
The techniques below have the same characteristics.
The techniques below have different characteristics.