A Weighted Matrix helps a team to identify and prioritize the most important criteria of a product or service for common decision-making.
1. List the different evaluation criteria for a product or service
2. For each criterion, create a list of design options that could fulfill the evaluation criterion
3. Assign a weight factor to each criterion based on its importance
4. Construct a two-dimensional table (with the design options as rows and the design criteria as columns)
5. Calculate the weighted scores for each design option
6. Evaluate each option and come to a common decision
1. Martin, B., Hanington, B., 2012. Universal Methods of Design. Rockport Publisher, Beverly.
The techniques below have the same characteristics.
The techniques below have different characteristics.